Game Thread: Takin’ em to the Matz
Go Rays!
Join the conversation!
Sign up for a user account and get:
- Fewer ads
- Create community posts
- Comment on articles, community posts
- Rec comments, community posts
- New, improved notifications system!
PFL Belfast Results: Kelly vs. Wilson
MMA Fighting has PFL Belfast results for the Kelly vs. Wilson fight card and more from SSE Arena on Saturday in Belfast, Northern Ireland, beltedkingfisher.blog
In the main event, undefeated Irish lightweight Darragh Kelly (9-0) steps up to take on fellow Bellator veteran Jay-Jay Wilson (11-2). Kelly was called upon to headline the card after countryman Paul Hughes withdrew from the event due to an injury. He is coming off of back-to-back submission victories to kick off his PFL career, while Wilson lost a unanimous decision to Archie Colgan in his most recent outing this past October.
In the co-main event, former UFC and Cage Warriors fighter Rhys McKee (14-7-1) makes his PFL debut when he takes on Alex Lohore (26-11) in a 176-pound catchweight bout.
Check out the full PFL Belfast results below.
Main Card (ESPN2, 7 p.m. ET)
Darragh Kelly vs. Jay-Jay Wilson
Rhys McKee vs. Alex Lohore
Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov vs. Tyson Pedro
Preliminary Card (ESPN App, 3 p.m. ET)
Chris Mixan vs. Eoin Sheridan
Caolan Loughran vs. Alan Philpott
Omran Chaaban vs. Chequina Noso Pedro
Ciaran Clarke vs. Dean Garnett
Pedro Carvalho vs. Sergio Cossio
David Martinez vs. Giannis Bachar
Sean Gauci vs. Liam Gittins
Eoghan Masoliver vs. Shane Mullen
Chelsea Hackett vs. Andrea Vazquez
De'Von Achane shows up for Dolphins' voluntary workouts
Dolphins running back De'Von Achane's line in the sand has come with an olive branch.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Achane has arrived for the team's offseason workouts. He had missed the first week of the voluntary program.
Per Schefter, it "is believed" Achane reported "as a sign of good faith" as the team and Achane's representation negotiate a new contract.
Achane would still be wise to be careful while working out. He has no financial security beyond 2026, the last year of his rookie deal.
The Dolphins have said Achane is not available in a trade. That doesn't mean he's untouchable; only a few players in the league would not be traded for any offer (e.g., Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen). It means the Dolphins haven't gotten an offer they can't refuse — and don't expect to.
For Achane, the stakes are high. He has performed at a high level in the slotted, early years of his career. He has every right to seek an increase now, since the running back position has a shorter shelf life than the rest of the NFL's positions.
How did Joey Janela's Spring Break become a top attraction of WrestleMania week? One 'wacky' match at a time
If you’re new to the whole concept of Joey Janela’s Spring Break, the first thing you need to know is that one of the big matches lined up for this year pits a beloved pro wrestler in his early sixties taking on The Invisible Man.
Which is to say, nobody. The Sandman, who in his youth wielded a kendo stick like it was Excalibur, will wrestle the air itself on Friday night in Las Vegas. He will go toe-to-toe with the absence of matter. He will create a wrestling match literally out of nothing. And, if recent history is any indication, the fans will absolutely love it.
That right there tells you something about the vibe at these events. The fact that Janela himself is slated to wrestle on this card against Brodie Lee Jr. — a literal child, just 14 years old — tells you something else. Let’s just say no one is accusing Janela’s show of taking itself too seriously, which is pretty much the way he wants it.
“Some people, they hate the wacky s***,” Janela told Uncrowned. “But I don’t really care. A lot of the people who say they hate it, they’re going to watch it anyway. You can love it or you can despise it, but you’re going to feel something about it.”
Maybe this approach helps explain how this event has come to be a staple of WrestleMania week for so many fans. What started in 2017 as just a “fun, party show,” according to Janela, is now a genuine attraction unto itself. In Reddit posts and social media replies, plenty of the squared circle faithful are calling this pre-WrestleMania event the highlight of the week.
It’s enough to make you wonder, how in the world did that ever happen? How is it that the same people coming into town for Brock Lesnar vs. Oba Femi could also get so genuinely excited about seeing The Sandman wrestle blank space?
According to longtime pro wrestling journalist and analyst Dave Meltzer, whose Wrestling Observer Newsletter has been a lynchpin of the industry for over four decades, a lot of it has to do with the show’s willingness to fill in the niches that bigger events like WrestleMania leave untouched.
“I think [Janela] was able to tap into something that’s a mix of a lot of different things wrestling fans want,” Meltzer said. “The mix of wackiness and nostalgia, you know, I think there’s this perception that hardcore fans only want one way of wrestling. In reality, I think most people want a million ways of wrestling. … I went to a show one time in Dallas at two-thirty in the morning and saw Kota Ibushi wrestle a doll, and the place went crazy for it. It was actually super entertaining. … There’s this idea that people want a certain level of believability in their wrestling, but they also at times want the opposite.”
Things like The Invisible Man, Meltzer added, might make zero sense to some people. But those inside the building who get the chance to witness it often come away surprised by how enjoyable it can be. The Spring Break events, he said, have found success by nurturing that experience over the course of several years.
“For a lot of people it’s become kind of the highlight of [WrestleMania] week,” Meltzer said. “It always draws better than just about everything else there, including when major promotions would run in conjunction. Except for the WWE shows, maybe the NXT show, it’s usually the biggest drawing thing of the week.”
This didn’t happen overnight for Janela and Game Changer Wrestling (GCW). Friday’s event at Horseshoe Las Vegas will be the 10th installment of Joey Janela’s Spring Break, and it might be the first one where Janela himself feels that every match has a narrative and reason for being.
“I’d say since Spring Break 3, it was hard finding that medium between making it this big GCW blowoff show and what Spring Break originally was, with these strange bookings and strange happenings,” Janela said. “It started off as us just doing viral marketing and announcing random matches. This year, I think we have a story going into every match, to where five of the six angles we’ve done leading into this show have gone viral on the internet, with millions of views. That’s something we’ve never had before at Spring Break.”
Another thing that sets this year’s event apart is that it’s the first one since the death of Sabu, the venerated wrestler who died several weeks after wrestling his final match at Spring Break 9 in 2025. This is still a sore spot for Janela, who feels he was unfairly blamed for Sabu’s death.
When he spoke to Uncrowned about that final match, Janela said, Sabu was still very much alive. It was only after the 60-year-old wrestler died — nearly a month after the event — that fans online starting accusing him of putting Sabu into an unsafe situation.
“I think there’s a Mandela Effect thing happening, where people on the internet will act like he went out like Randy the Ram [the ill-fated protagonist of the 2008 film "The Wrestler"],” Janela said. “But after that match, we had [emergency medical technicians] in the back, they checked him out and he didn’t even have a concussion. But whatever people think, I don’t care. His family and friends, I’m in contact with them and they know the truth. His nephews are coming out to Spring Break this year. That’s all I care about.”
For Janela, this annual event may have gradually taken over as the thing he is best known for among wrestling fans. That was never the plan at the beginning, he said, and it came as a big surprise when he showed up in New Orleans for the second edition and was met with great enthusiasm for the brand.
But it’s also become a source of pride for him, particularly as the events have rediscovered their footing following the COVID pandemic.
“This is one of the only weeks of the year where I feel like, damn, I’ve made it somewhat it this business,” Janela said. “Whatever the original Spring Break was, even though it was WrestleMania and the WWE’s weekend, now I walk around and people are coming up to me and saying, ‘I love this show, it’s the best thing I’ve seen in a long time,’ that makes me feel like we’re onto something.”
The big question is what comes next. WWE President Nick Khan confirmed this week that WrestleMania will take place in Saudi Arabia in 2027. That has the potential to seriously disrupt the plans of all the other players in the wrestling world, who have come to rely on WrestleMania week as a North American gathering of fans who show up hungry for a convention-like vibe that encompasses the entire industry.
With the WWE in a far off and not terribly accessible locale, what will become of shows like Joey Janela’s Spring Break next year?
“I can tell you we’re not going to Saudi Arabia,” Janela said. “No chance.”
With many North American wrestling fans likely feeling the same, does that open the door for GCW and others to establish a new, more easily reachable place as a gathering spot of their own that week?
“It gives us an opportunity,” Janela said. “Maybe we can do something over here and wrestling fans will travel for it. Who knows? I just feel like the momentum going into this show is big, and the momentum coming out of it will be even bigger.”
Browns' GM Andrew Berry reveals thoughts on Carnell Tate, Jordyn Tyson
With the 2026 NFL Draft quickly approaching, the Cleveland Browns and general manager Andrew Berry are in the midst of preparing for the highly anticipated event next week.
One of the primary concerns for the struggling franchise leading up to the draft is the wide receiver position, as Berry and the front office did not make any moves this offseason to address the room. Luckily for the Browns, there are plenty of options in the first round, including Ohio State's Carnell Tate and Arizona State's Jordyn Tyson.
During a media press conference on Thursday, Berry was asked about his thoughts on both Tate and Tyson, claiming that both are "excellent players."
"They're both excellent players," Berry stated when asked about Tate and Tyson. "They both have size, they both can separate, [and have] good hands. Obviously, Carnell, if he's not an NFL receiver, he could probably be a trapeze artist with how acrobatic he is, and Jordyn is an excellent creator with the ball in his hands. They're two excellent, excellent prospects."
Which wide receiver will the Browns take in the 2026 NFL Draft?
Depending on whether or not Berry decides to trade down from the No. 6 pick in this year's draft, there's a good chance that the Browns could be in range to select Tate.
After playing behind the likes of multiple NFL wide receivers, Tate finally broke out during the 2025 college football season, as he recorded 875 receiving yards and nine touchdowns on 51 receptions. However, his 4.53 40-yard dash time could be concerning for Cleveland in the top-10, but his incredible route-running ability and excellent frame (6-foot-3, 192) make him one of the top-rated receivers in this year's class.
109 seconds of Carnell Tate winning downfield pic.twitter.com/atVWDcMbYN
— Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) March 11, 2026
As for Tyson, the former Arizona State pass catcher could have easily become the best wideout in this year's draft if it were not for his extensive injury history. Tyson showed plenty of flashes throughout his time in college as a polished route runner at all three levels of the field, but he may slip on draft night. In 2024, the brother of Cleveland Cavaliers' star forward Jaylon Tyson recorded 1,101 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns during the Sun Devils' magical run in the 2024-25 College Football Playoffs.
126 seconds of Jordyn Tyson creating easy separation pic.twitter.com/PWM6SOxNBk
— Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) March 13, 2026
This article originally appeared on Browns Wire: Browns' GM Andrew Berry reveals thoughts on Carnell Tate, Jordyn Tyson
